New Acron RPN Calculator for Android
06-20-2016, 08:32 AM
RE: New Acron RPN Calculator for Android
I hope that thick skin won't be needed; I like this calculator very much! I splashed out the full 0.79 GBP for the paid version. No special permissions are required for installation.

There's an image in the HP Prime user manual showing an RPN mode display, but with the calculation leading to each stack entry visible in algebraic form at the left of the screen. The Prime doesn't actually do this, but the Acron RPN calculator does. I like this a lot - new RPN users would probably find it helpful too.

Another nice feature is the way in which a small keyboard allows access to all the usual functions. Pressing the "y^x" key brings up a menu including x^2, sqrt(x), 1/x, and y^x; pressing "sin" brings up a menu including sin(x in degrees), inverse sine in degrees of x, the corresponding functions in radians, sinh and inverse sinh. So each operation needs a couple of keypresses but the system works well. I particularly like the absence of degrees or radians mode that this approach allows.

I've only played with it for a few minutes and I have to do some work now, but it's well worth looking at. Only one minor complaint - the keyboard isn't quite as responsive as I would like, but my phone (Samsung S5 galaxy neo) is generally rather slow to respond so this may not be a feature of the program.

Nigel (UK)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Acron RPN Calculator for Android - Nigel (UK) - 06-20-2016 08:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)