New Acron RPN Calculator for Android
06-28-2016, 10:49 PM
RE: New Acron RPN Calculator for Android
Just got to try the new version today; a definite improvement in performance, particularly during numeric entry.

Though I admit I barely noticed the "wrong" key layout for the Zero and Decimal point, this small change truly makes it feel more natural; an interesting effect from this simple improvement.

I agree that requiring a menu to access EE is the most annoying aspect of data entry, accessing functions by topical menus is naturally slower as you have to think about the next functions to access, whereas the exponent is actually part of the argument.

Long-press or double-press on decimal point may work, it would probably require test-driving to see if it is natural feeling, though I think the better solution would be to have multiple menus; perhaps one is sticky and the other comes and goes like the current implementation.

That said, I think simply swapping Factorial and EE would produce the most bang for just a little work. We all do different things with these calcs. of course, but I would think that EE is used far more often than factorial in day-to-day scientific calculations.

Thanks for the improvements and continued refinement.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Acron RPN Calculator for Android - rprosperi - 06-28-2016 10:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)