Difference between lower and upper case chars in CAS and Home
07-04-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: Difference between lower and upper case chars in CAS and Home
The best answer I can give you is to check the help doc's on the calc:

[Help] [Tree] [Variables]

I'll be the first to admit the documentation isn't perfect, but reserved variables, (in particular), are described. You will need this information early on.

One other thing to avoid (in general) is implicit multiplication. You show AAA as shorthand for A*A*A. The prime doesn't like AAA, except in certain cases like 2PI, for example. For consistency, don't use 2PI, go for 2*PI, and avoid implicit terms.

When you begin programming, simplicity details (like avoiding implicit multiplication) will make life easier. Some folks recommend avoiding reserved variables, but I like to incorporate them, avoiding local vs global issues. This comes with the risk of not making sure a reserved variable doesn't already contain a previous value, but this risk actually helps me, by knowing that I have to initialize them first, instead of using a reserved variable, "by chance," and spend a long time trying to debug a function using it, only to find a previous value is preventing success. This is a common mistake.

-Dale-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Difference between lower and upper case chars in CAS and Home - DrD - 07-04-2016 09:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)