Program takes in variable non exact.
07-18-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Program takes in variable non exact.
(07-18-2016 12:58 PM)CH3791 Wrote:  But now my question is, why can't I find this program through the Toolbox>User>Program Functions?

It will be in variables->CAS-> <there>

One difference between the way that the CAS system handles things is that all objects are "variables". To the cas, a program function you made is essentially identical to storing a number into 'x'. They both are variables, that contain something. In the case of the little function, it is a small set of commands that execute steps.

When you use the #cas #end stuff, you are actually telling the program compiler "execute the things I'm typing within this block as if I typed them on the CAS screen". If you do something like myfunc(x,y):=x+y on the cas screen, you get a variable named myfunc, that contains a function taking two arguments. Note that is you delete/remove/rename your function that was created in your program, it could disappear unexpectedly. To "get it back", opening the program file, then exiting it again would then reexecute those commands and make the CAS variable again.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Program takes in variable non exact. - Tim Wessman - 07-18-2016 03:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)