How to make a custom HP-41 rom for the rest of us
08-07-2016, 05:18 PM
RE: How to make a custom HP-41 rom for the rest of us
Angel: You brought up a good point about some of the functions I hoped to have some of those functions again in a rom image nearly all of us will always have plugged in, such as OSX3 or PWRX. I'm sure the FATs and secondary FATs are probably about as full as they can get.

However, if you look at many of the functions that were in my list, there were three primary types:

1) More comparison tests of X, Y and Z against Z and T. Any chance of a generalized test prompting function?
2) More comparison tests of X and 1, X>1 and X<1. X=1? is already in there.
3) Then a few other manipulations of X. X*E3, X/E3, X/2 and A=X.

That's the majority.

Ignore the card reader functions and the XTAT functions. I was pulling them in to fill in a new rom image if made.

My goal was to have available in one rom a few more programming tools without having to have a ram program dependent on the Total Rekall rom being plugged in, or the PK roms being plugged in. If these were in OSX3 or PWRX or YFNZ (Monte ?) then they would essentially always be available (since I cannot imagine any 41CL users are using them) -- ha :-)

I tend to have my 41CL set up like this:

Page 4: Lib 4
Page 6: PWRX
Page 7: OSX3
Page 8: YFNX
Page 9: XTAT
Pages A and B: SM44

leaving CDEF for other stuff.

Just curious if there might be room to bring in *some* of these types of functions into PWRX or OSX3 (or even SM44!).

Although Geir's idea is incredible.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to make a custom HP-41 rom for the rest of us - Gene - 08-07-2016 05:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)