Functions Created in CAS - My Insights
02-16-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: Functions Created in CAS - My Insights
Thomas_Sch: CR Haeger is right; the easiest way to create a CAS program (in the current version of Prime) is to do function_name(x):=anything in CAS, then edit it in the program editor. It's silly but it works. The number of arguments and their names can be changed in the editor, and the name of the program itself can be changed in the Program Catalog.

Quote:[D2F/PDQ] Works fine, besides a small typo ('END;;').

Strange to tell, that's not a typo. If the unnecessary ";" is removed, Prime puts it back in. I don't know why.

Quote:Where did you find the operators like '/=' and '+=' ?

C++. PPL has lots of little goodies like that hidden in it; maybe somebody will write a “Secrets of the HP Prime” book some day. Not me... I'm having too much fun playing with it.

debrouxl is right: There is currently no one-step way to send a single CAS program to a Prime. I have always used Thomas_Sch's four-step method: paste it into a Note, send the Note to the Prime, copy the Note on the Prime, then paste it into the program editor.

FWIW, all the CAS variables in the emulator (including your CAS programs) are stored in a single file on your PC, called "cas.settings" in the HP_Prime folder. If you save a copy of that file elsewhere, then you can restore all your CAS programs in one fell swoop by replacing the current cas.settings file with the one you saved. The drawback is that it's like a Restore; it wipes out any existing CAS programs.

I hope HP introduces serious support for CAS programming in a future upgrade.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Functions Created in CAS - My Insights - Joe Horn - 02-16-2014 11:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)