Reparing a power supply 82002A
09-16-2016, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2016 10:21 PM by Duane Hess.)
RE: Reparing a power supply 82002A
Not posting to help you with the repair because I do not know how. But to raise your awareness of the charger you have.

Unless I'm greatly mistaken the unit you have was the very 1st classic charger model (the *original* 82002A). i.e. most all other classic charger units are follow-on models of the 82002A you have. That in itself makes your charger a gem of a find.

When chargers the same as the 82002A you have sell on TAS they get a significantly higher price.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to open the unit. However, the posts you've received so far do have good points. Checking the functionality with a meter to get an idea of what to do is quite reasonable.

If you search on this site, on the right side is a list of items. "Repairs & Batteries" shows some charger data possibly useful to you. General searches on forum postings may produce info.

I do not have the specific charger unit you have. Have seen it listed in sales. Personally I wonder whether the case snaps together. i.e. with careful tools, prying you can get the cover off. But that is totally a guess on my part.

The action I'd recomment? WAIT! I have no doubts there are several collectors on this forum who have that charger or know about it. Many people do not log on every day. Personally I'd wait about a week and see what posts you collect in order to avoid becoming anxious and end up cracking or marring the case of the charger.

Mainly, I'm trying to impress upon you that you have a rather RARE charger unit. I believe it was the 1st one ever released with the HP-35 and a relatively small number of that specific 82002A units were sold. Shortly after the HP-35 introduction, follow on models of the 82002As were sold. (the ones with the screw together case) I do not know why the later style chargers with screws were sold. Likely engineering changes. Wouldn't surprise me if the change was made as screws made it easier to service.

For what its worth.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Reparing a power supply 82002A - Le Babou - 09-15-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: Reparing a power supply 82002A - TomC - 09-16-2016, 11:28 AM
RE: Reparing a power supply 82002A - Duane Hess - 09-16-2016 10:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)