ZEPROM Programmer: Software Bug?
02-18-2014, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2014 02:38 PM by Ángel Martin.)
ZEPROM Programmer: Software Bug?
Hi folks, admittedly not a very frequently asked subject but nonetheless there may be some interest out there...

For a while I've been experiencing some glitches programming ZEPROMS using the ZVC device. I sort of assumed the device wasn't doing its job due to age but in looking at the Zeprom programmer's code I noticed a couple of potential bugs.

The one with most dubious results is a call at addresses 0xp3BE and 3BF to the mainframe location 0x2C6C. That particular destination is in the middle of a LDI S&X instruction, thus not a good choice. Worse yet, the second half of said instruction is actually 040 WROM (when executed stand-alone) so I reckon it's got to opportunity to wreck things up during the EPROM burning job...

Has anybody run into this before? Maybe there was an updated version that corrected this problem.. . if you know, pls. let me know.

Cheers,
ÁM

PS. does anybody know of any ZEPROM-based module that used bank-switching for user code (i.e. FOCAL) programs?

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
ZEPROM Programmer: Software Bug? - Ángel Martin - 02-18-2014 02:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)