Integrating a DRAWMENU into an INPUT form. HELP!
11-18-2016, 11:47 AM
RE: Integrating a DRAWMENU into an INPUT form. HELP!
But at what cost? For the sake of discussion, if you have the "bound to's," you can do most anything. In terms of ppl efficiency, and practical implementation, to me it seems like adding a menu driven help parameter would just result in way more command bloat than return value, for the purposes of the ppl INPUT() construct.

An external input form could be a useful as an exercise in programming skill, but I sure would be surprised if the product has much utility value, afterwards. Do you have greater expectations for the input form than just this one-time objective? (I have made quite a few ppl programs, many using grob techniques, but I haven't encountered "lack of" a more robust help parameter as a bottleneck).

Given the mission purpose of the hp prime, ppl is about where it should be. If the product itself was designed for engineering/professional users, the entire programming language needs to be reviewed.

-Dale-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Integrating a DRAWMENU into an INPUT form. HELP! - DrD - 11-18-2016 11:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)