Poll: Are Swiss Micros calculators well-made?
low
medium-low
medium
medium-high
high
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Swiss Micros makes HP 'act-alikes' - programmable
10-02-2018, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2018 12:23 PM by Thomas Okken.)
RE: Swiss Micros makes HP 'act-alikes' - programmable
(10-02-2018 06:35 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  I think Thomas was referring to this: Wink

Yes, I thought a silly little pop culture reference was appropriate there. Smile

The cultural influence of the U.S. on the rest of the world is huge, but I don't think even it is sufficient to convince the great majority of humans to switch from Zed to Zee.

Side note: I was very confused on one of my first road trips here and saw a sign that said "Tappan Zee Bridge." That made no sense no matter how I tried to parse it! It turns out I should have looked for the solution closer to home: that "Zee" is the Dutch word for "sea," because the Hudson at that point is very wide, prompting some Dutch explorer to call that stretch a sea (naming it after the local Tappan tribe). The more you know!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Swiss Micros makes HP 'act-alikes' - programmable - Thomas Okken - 10-02-2018 12:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)