Expanding the color TI-84+ calculator into a full computer
02-02-2017, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2017 04:40 AM by Joseph_21sv.)
RE: Expanding the color TI-84+ calculator into a full computer
(02-01-2017 01:52 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  
(02-01-2017 04:55 AM)Joseph_21sv Wrote:  It's also limited to composite video only unadapted and has a chiclet keyboard. That is to say, it misses two things I do like about MEGA65 (i. e. VGA video and a keyboard of full-sized keys) even in spite of viewing their grand design strategy as "hot fluidware" (the team implements particularlay the CPU of the computer in field-programmable logic).

I agree that the mechanical key feel of the TI is better than the PocketCHIP, but I can type much faster on my PocketCHIP thanks to the familiar layout. The full-size USB port and bluetooth radio expand your keyboard options substantially, which is nice.

My concept of this "TI-87" is that, like many old 8 and 16 bit computers, it will come with the CPU, A/V control, RAM and ROM all packaged within the keyboard or the monitor. Forgive me if this was wrong, but I assumed name-dropping MEGA 65 first was going to be good enough to imply that the design would include a keyboard of full-sized keys.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Expanding the color TI-84+ calculator into a full computer - Joseph_21sv - 02-02-2017 02:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)