Leaving original user input in verbatim on CL after execution... any ideas?
01-31-2017, 02:56 PM
RE: Misbehaving ENG num format... any ideas?
(01-30-2017 06:08 PM)Simone Cerica Wrote:  CASIO-like ENG key for HP Prime: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-5039.html

Neat. I've implemented something similar, but the above is a bit more advanced.
In mine, I've added the following to my USERKEYS program:
Code:
KEY K_Eex()
BEGIN
IF (HFormat==0) THEN
   3►HFormat
ELSE
   0►HFormat
END
END
Which is a quick shortcut to swap between Standard number formatting and the last Engineering number formatting used. It's activated by pressing [Shift][User][EEX] (and then [ESC] because the prime jumps to either the Apps screen or a generic Help screen when this variable is changed. A small bug, but tolerable Wink)

Unfortunately both my solution and the Casio-like ENG key only operates on items within the History (or a new evaluation which then appears in the History). The issue I'm describing in this thread is when items are copied either from the History, or pasted from the Clipboard stack, once they appear on the command line any existing engineering (or scientific formatting for that matter) is disregarded and the expression is converted to standard format. "1.00E9" in the history will copy to the command line as "1000000000." and after hitting [Enter] will again be represented in the history as "1.00E9" - a huge pain when tweaking large complex expressions!

-Andy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Misbehaving ENG num format... any ideas? - tastyelectron - 01-31-2017 02:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)