HP-Prime: After so much whining...
01-04-2015, 12:09 PM
RE: HP-Prime: After so much whining...
(02-28-2014 10:29 PM)jebem Wrote:  ...
When we think about the huge amount of mathematics logic/functions packed in this little computer, it is amazing what HP engineering team has already achieved.
This is a new project, a break from the previous excellent mature 48 Saturn platform based series, so almost everything had to be built from scratch here.

I am just starting now to read and learn from the related technical documentation, including the XCAS reference guide, recommended more than once by Han Duong, Bernard Parisse, Tim Wessman, Cyrille de Brebisson, to name just a few names that I believe are behind the Prime project.
Thank You all for your support, and please keep up the good work.

+1!

I've been the happy owner of the HP49, HP50 and now the Prime. I've been tempted to return the prime for the first days, but after I found the xcas manual I discovered another calculator behind the CAS button: the one I've felt deeply in love already. It sure has many rough edges to polish, but the sear speed and amazingness of that CAS overcomes everything else. I know some people would burn me in effigy for saying this, but I would gladly leave RPN back just for that amazing CAS.

I'm not an student any more (well, I'll always be an student, just not one that has to show teachers that I did learn the lesson), so I could be enclosed in the "professional" user kind. I use it primarily for solving problems related with my tinkering with electronics, and I've already left Maxima and Octave. Sure they are easier to deal with when in front of the computer, but I do love to have a machine whose only purpose is to help me with my maths, pen and paper at hand, and no distractions!. In that regard: this is a pice of art, great battery life, easy to recharge, great screen, great speed and for the first time a truly powerful CAS system. The spreadsheet: a winner too!. I've successfully used it to solve numerically 18 variable so far, and it takes just seconds. The computer finishes faster, sure, but it's really usable and definitely several orders of magnitude faster than the hp50

Summing up: CONGRATULATIONS!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-Prime: After so much whining... - jebem - 02-28-2014, 07:45 AM
RE: HP-Prime: After so much whining... - mainakae - 01-04-2015 12:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)