It's a pleasure to read this forum.
04-11-2018, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2018 11:04 AM by pier4r.)
RE: It's a pleasure to read this forum.
While reading yesterday some articles from datafile (those from Valentin albillo) I realized a very nice quality of the calculator community. At least the community around those publications or discussions.

The point is that many information about explorations with applied mathematics are not mentioned by school textbooks (and I would say also university textbooks don't are bereft of them too) and I feel are frowned upon in the academia.
Instead I find the publications about calculators full of them. The same happens in the online discussions (although with a bit more noise, of which I am guilty).

Therefore one can access to plenty of interesting math / programming bits through those publications, that otherwise won't have much space - I think - in other journals/publications. Thus I am grateful to the community that since the 60' (or even before) tried to collect articles about this or that topic. It is a pity if those efforts got wasted (i.e: not collected in the public domain, for example a public library. Or even not commercially available - well aside giving out thousands of $) but kudos to all those that contributed.

Even better if those contributions are kept "still alive", for example via the document set, jake schwarz's set, the hp41 site, etc.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's a pleasure to read this forum. - pier4r - 04-11-2018 11:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)