Helping the 50g, Prime or Nspire?
04-05-2017, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2017 01:49 AM by Helix.)
RE: Helping the 50g, Prime or Nspire?
I don't own a Prime or a TI Nspire, but I'm thinking about a new powerful calculator, and I've made some investigations.

- about the community, TI world is more active, because TI is more popular than HP.
- About the keyboards, I know someone who recently bought the TI Nsipre CX CAS, and told me that the keyboard is not comfortable, and disappointing. The HP Prime keyboard receives very good evaluations.
- about programming languages, have you seen my recent post? You can click on the links to have more information.
- Ti Basic is slow, and somewhat limited.
- Lua is fast, and supported by TI, which means there are commands that interact with the OS. The TI Nspire CX (CAS) is delivered with the TI Nspire software which includes a tool to write and test Lua scripts (and of course TI basic programs too).
Normally, Lua programs must be written on the computer, and then transferred to the calculator. But as I wrote in the other post, there are third party Lua script editors, which allow writing Lua directly on the calculator.
The question I have is whether it is possible to access within a Lua program to the mathematical functions of the calculator. It's still not clear for me.
- There is also a Python version for the TI Nspire CX, but it needs Ndless, a sort of hacking, so upgrading the OS must be avoided as long as Ndless has not been updated too. About NumPy and SciPy, I have found this message.

You can subscribe on the tiplanet.org forum. This is an active French community, but most members use indifferently English or French. I know also the omnimaga.org forum. There are certainly other TI groups.

Jean-Charles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Helping the 50g, Prime or Nspire? - pier4r - 04-03-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: Helping the 50g, Prime or Nspire? - Helix - 04-05-2017 12:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)