Best scientific (not programmable, not producing plots) calculator in your opinion.
04-10-2017, 09:37 AM
RE: Best scientific (not programmable, not producing plots) calculator in your opinion.
(04-09-2017 08:21 PM)bhtooefr Wrote:  Do note that in some contexts, programmability - even if it's not used - is unacceptable. For instance, a friend of mine has a TI-36X Pro that she carries specifically for classes that forbid programmability on calculators used in tests.

That is exactly what my problem was in school. I had an HP32s and was very happy with it. For the exams we were not allowed to use programmable calculators. I didn't want to use an algebraic caluclator because a lot of my attention would have been diverted from the actual problem to operating the calculator. This was in the early 90s, we tried to hunt down an HP31E or 32E in the stores - but were unsuccesfull. Ebay was unheard of in those days, so I ended up using my dads old HP45.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best scientific (not programmable, not producing plots) calculator in your opinion. - Harald - 04-10-2017 09:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)