have you ever withnessed calculators not working anymore due to corrupted memory?
05-01-2017, 02:03 PM
have you ever withnessed calculators not working anymore due to corrupted memory?
As far as I know calculators using ram as user memory should last (in terms of write cycles) quite long. Nevertheless it may happen that the ram gets corrupted and the calculator becomes completely unusable or partially usable. The same applies (actually this should happen earlier with an equal workload) to calculators offering ROM as user memory (48,49,50 families at least).

So far it did not happen with any of my few calculators, but it happened with some RAM banks of computers (just 2 or 3 out 50 or more ram banks that I used) and with a tablet (internal flash memory got corrupted in some crucial sectors, it was not possible to flash the tablet anymore).

Since some of you have a lot of calculators, some quite old an well used maybe you have more experience. For example the ones that often flash the rom of a 34s, did you ever have the internal memory corrupted somewhere that let the calculator be not fully working anymore?

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
have you ever withnessed calculators not working anymore due to corrupted memory? - pier4r - 05-01-2017 02:03 PM
Failing 9825 ROM - sleibson - 05-04-2017, 01:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)