have you ever withnessed calculators not working anymore due to corrupted memory?
05-02-2017, 09:48 AM
RE: have you ever withnessed calculators not working anymore due to corrupted memory?
As to the original question I have not had any failed calculators where I could specifically pinpoint RAM problems (e.g. a P50 that would turn on and have funny response to keys - but as it's a single chip implementation no diagnostics were possible) but I do have an old Canon Canola with a suspected problem of the delay-line memory Smile.

(05-02-2017 06:41 AM)pier4r Wrote:  Dave with corrupted I mean "consistently reporting wrong (previously stored) data from all or certain memory sectors, even after a reset" or even not working at all.

Why is illogical to use the rom? I mean libraries are stored there (at least for 48,49,50) and if one needs extra space as temporary working space the rom is the only viable way. Surely it is not common (I can barely fill the memory of my 50g), but someone may have done it. Especially the 48 series as far as I know is pretty low on ram.

You have to be careful quoting "48", the 48gII does have Flash that's available to the user, but the 48S and 48G series had fixed ROM and 32k to 128k RAM, with the designated "X" units that could take additional ROM or RAM cards (I have had a 32k RAM card failing).

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: have you ever withnessed calculators not working anymore due to corrupted memory? - BartDB - 05-02-2017 09:48 AM
Failing 9825 ROM - sleibson - 05-04-2017, 01:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)