have you ever withnessed calculators not working anymore due to corrupted memory?
05-02-2017, 03:51 PM
RE: have you ever withnessed calculators not working anymore due to corrupted memory?
(05-01-2017 02:03 PM)pier4r Wrote:  Since some of you have a lot of calculators, some quite old an well used maybe you have more experience. For example the ones that often flash the rom of a 34s, did you ever have the internal memory corrupted somewhere that let the calculator be not fully working anymore?

My experience of calculators with memory problems:
  • TI-58C bought nine years ago and used occasionally; its RAM stopped working completely. Replacing with a new RAM chip (still available, amazingly enough) fixed the problem.
  • HP-25C - RAM failed. Would still do calculations but not store numbers or run programs. "Fixed" it by adding Panamatik's upgrade chip.
  • Sinclair Enterprise Programmable - looks beautiful, does calculations slowly and not very accurately, but doesn't store programs. It looks too nice to risk disassembly!

I flashed my WP-34S many hundreds of times (literally) and never had any memory problems with it.

Nigel (UK)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: have you ever withnessed calculators not working anymore due to corrupted memory? - Nigel (UK) - 05-02-2017 03:51 PM
Failing 9825 ROM - sleibson - 05-04-2017, 01:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)