Are HP 48 library structures documented?
03-07-2014, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 09:41 AM by HP67.)
RE: Are HP 48 library structures documented?
(03-06-2014 08:29 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Get Joe Horn's Goodies disk #4 (in fact, get all 11 disks) from hpcalc.org, and look at the file usrlib.doc (which is actually a text file, not a word doc). This is the official doc from HP on this.

Thanks. I did get all that stuff. Unzipping and organizing it all is just slow going right now. I believe I already looked at USERLIB.DOC but I don't remember it contained the low-level info I'm looking for. I'll look again.

(03-06-2014 08:29 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  As Ray mentioned though, there are many enhanced tools/docs since this original, almost all of which are on hpcalc.org (thanks Eric!).

I'm looking for doc at this point. I'm not looking for tools and certainly not to try to see what the tools are doing. If they come with doc then that could help. If not, I would rather figure out what's going on in the HP executables and libraries than figure out what's going on in 3rd party tools.

(03-06-2014 08:29 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Two essential docs you will need, if you plan to touch SysRPL are Jim Donnelly's "Grey BooK" aka "Introduction to System RPL and Assembly Language" (48 series) and "Programming in System RPL" by Kalinowski (2nd Edition covers 48/49g/49g+/50g).

Thanks, I have those and it was from the Donnelly book that I started looking to see what tools were available. It appears there is no User RPL compiler and no USERLIB program in the Linux tools and the MAKEROM tool that makes libraries seems pretty complicated and not all that clearly documented. I realize part of this is just that it's all new to me, but stuff seems more complicated than it should be. When things are complicated that is a red flag to me that something is wrong.

(03-06-2014 08:29 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Not light reading, but they cover all you will need (and more...)

Well, I hope so but I don't know.

My first thought since I do have some User RPL written was to make a library out of it. The usrlib tool only exists on DOS and Windows, AFAIK there is no Linux version. The Linux rplcomp also doesn't seem to handle User RPL.

It will take a while to unravel all this.

Thanks.

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are HP 48 library structures documented? - HP67 - 03-07-2014 09:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)