Are HP 48 library structures documented?
03-07-2014, 09:40 AM
RE: Are HP 48 library structures documented?
(03-06-2014 10:45 PM)Han Wrote:  The CRC source code can be found in the gnu tools. Just view the source for the libcrc.c file

Thanks. I'm not a C guy but if I have to look at C I'll use Kermit's code rather than a derivative. Right now I plan to go based on the Kermit doc rather than looking at code.

(03-06-2014 10:45 PM)Han Wrote:  None of those documents mention much (if anything) about the format for library commands (in particular the internal ones found in the ROM). You need to also look at Mika Heiskanen's entries.srt file if you want to create commands that are also usable in algebraic expressions.

Thanks. I've downloaded almost everything in site/sight. This one's on the list.

(03-06-2014 10:45 PM)Han Wrote:  Despite what all the documents above might suggest (that libraries follow some sort of structure), this is not entirely true. Libraries are quite un-structured -- any apparent structure is due to the few requirements placed on the first few nibbles of a library object and commonly accepted schemes (e.g. how library commands are organized, name hashing, etc.). A library could contain virtually anything. This is why there will never be a library "breaker" that handles all possible ways one can disassemble a library into its components.

Thanks, this is good to know. But specifically, I don't have any interest in breaking apart libraries. I do want to be able to make my own without the complications that the Linux tools seem to require and possibly automate the process ala USERLIB which is not available in Linux.

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are HP 48 library structures documented? - HP67 - 03-07-2014 09:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)