PIXON_P Alpha blending
05-07-2017, 01:28 PM
RE: PIXON_P Alpha blending
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I don't think I can use your method, because I don't know in advance what pixels need to be turned on, and with what color. Basically I want to make a 2D graph of a chaotic formula, so I calculate the orbits (where the result falls for every iteration) and I want to display where it falls, and also how many times it fell there; so I keep iterating, and I wanted to see, for every pixel of the display, if (and how often) the formula landed there.

If the alpha is unusable for this (but why? How does Alpha work exactly?) the only other solution I can think of, is to create a matrix of integers, as big as the display, and then add 1 to a cell every time the orbit falls there. And then, at the end, I can draw every pixel with a color proportional to the value of the corresponding matrix cell. But this means creating a very large matrix (which I don't know how to use); and furthermore, I can not see the progress until the end of the iterating loop. And... it will be slower. Sad

Cristian
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
PIXON_P Alpha blending - Cristian Arezzini - 05-06-2017, 05:35 PM
RE: PIXON_P Alpha blending - Carlos295pz - 05-07-2017, 11:22 AM
RE: PIXON_P Alpha blending - Cristian Arezzini - 05-07-2017 01:28 PM
RE: PIXON_P Alpha blending - Han - 05-07-2017, 02:27 PM
RE: PIXON_P Alpha blending - webmasterpdx - 09-12-2017, 09:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)