math&calcs book 4 kids, any suggestions?
05-09-2017, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 06:56 PM by Luigi Vampa.)
RE: math&calcs book 4 kids, any suggestions?
(05-09-2017 05:21 PM)lrdheat Wrote:  The last of my trifecta of books for young people is George Gamow's One,Two,Three...Infinity from the early 60's. Gamow was an outstanding physicist from the Manhattan Project days (did not work on the project).
[...]
I hope your son finds the fun and fascination of these topics. I think he is lucky to have you as his dad!
Richard
Richard, thanks for this reference, I will try to get this one too.
Regarding the boy in question, he is my friend's son, not mine. My wife and I have three children:
- my little caveman #1 is 11 years old. Good at maths and a brilliant mind, but he suffers a sort of condition quite common these days... some kind of allergy to any intelectual efforts :.! Work in progress ;0)
- my little caveman #2 is 9, and his soul is one of a kind. He always has wanted to be a priest someday 0:') God only knows.
- my little princess is 7. She masters the RPN stack in my Free42/Kindle (she tries from time to time to show me new ways to get complex numbers in the stack ;) But she has just fallen in love with her piano.

That is why the 'freaky pack' (FX82 + book) goes to that son of my friend, who is 11, as my little caveman #1, but with an oposite attitude to effort than my son. The former is really a hard worker. He came with his family from Honduras to Spain 2 years ago, and unfortunately he got the lowest scores in his class in Madrid. But now, one year later, he is the number one in all tests, specially in maths :0) He isn't my boy, but I am sure you agree that determined spirit deserves a little gift.

Saludos Saluti Cordialement Cumprimentos MfG BR + + + + +
Luigi Vampa +
Free42 '<3' I + +
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: math&calcs book 4 kids, any suggestions? - Luigi Vampa - 05-09-2017 06:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)