HP 29C died in my hands ....
03-06-2014, 06:05 PM
HP 29C died in my hands ....
Hello,

I had this 29C for a long time and I was using it with great care, charging the batteries out of the calculator, using the correct type of rechargeable batteries with correct current rating.

Last weekend, when I was in the middle of my calculations, it displayed a "0" at the far right hand side of the display and stopped responding to any key press. This "0" was brighter than anything it has displayed so far. I turned it off and on again but there was a blank screen. Hoping that this may be caused because of the flat batteries, I replaced them with freshly recharged ones. The moment I placed them in, I have noticed that I have left the calculator on, and it immediately displayed that "0" again. Turning it off and on gave the same blank screen.

I made sure that the calculator was off, and took the batteries out, waited for a couple hours, and placed the batteries back in. When I turned it on, I had flickering "0"s and when I pressed a key, some segments of some digits were lit and the key-digit combinations were consistent.

After reading the posts regarding 25/25C/29C repairs, I have decided to write my experience here, because I couldn't made any resemblance with any article that I have read so far.

I would appreciate any input that may shed a light to what is going on with this 29C. I have another 29C which was serviced by the previous owner, therefore I am not sure which components are salvageable. Besides, that one has a daughter board, but this one does not. Also I have a 25C and a 25 willing to donate their parts if needed.

Thanks in advance,
Onur
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 29C died in my hands .... - Onur ILKORUR - 03-06-2014 06:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)