HP-71B: trying to get pyILPER fully working on my Mac
05-27-2017, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2017 06:23 PM by smp.)
HP-71B: trying to get pyILPER fully working on my Mac
Hello again,

As I've been indicating recently, I have my HP-71B running with my PIL-Box and I have been using pyILPER on my MacBook Pro.

I found today that I do not have the LIFUTILS installed properly. I have downloaded the folder of files called: lifutils-1.7.6-macosx, and I've tried putting it in /usr/local. I've left the name of the folder as is, and I've also tried changing the name to lifutils-1.7.6 and also lifutils. None of these are detected by pyILPER as a proper installation. Currently, I have the lifutils-1.7.6-macosx folder in my home directory along with miniconda3. That is also not detected as a proper installation.

Separate from that situation, I have been trying to follow the directions to use the PILTERM window as both the keyboard and display for the HP-71B. I copied the DAT file to my working directory, and I mounted the file on Drive1. I copied PILTERM and KEYBOARD from the Drive1 into my HP-71B. I ran PILTERM on the HP-71B. I displays that it is assigning the Printer, Display, and Keyboard. After all this, I believe that I am supposed to be able to type on my Mac and see what I type echoed from the HP-71B back onto the terminal display.

That is not what happens. All the display activities happen fine. When I type on my Mac, nothing happens - then if I type ENDLINE on my HP-71B, then all that I typed on my Mac finally come streaming out onto the terminal display.

Can anyone assist me with this? I believe that I've followed the instructions properly. Is this possibly connected with my issue of not yet having the LIFUTILS properly installed?

Thanks very much, in advance...

smp
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-71B: trying to get pyILPER fully working on my Mac - smp - 05-27-2017 06:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)