41CL chips going EOL - how many 41CL boards are desired in the future ?
09-18-2017, 03:30 AM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2017 03:31 AM by Neve.)
RE: 41CL chips going EOL - how many 41CL boards are desired in the future ?
(06-15-2017 06:09 PM)Monte Dalrymple Wrote:  
(06-13-2017 07:57 PM)Gene Wrote:  From Monte's site:

"Found out that the Flash memory devices used in the 41CL are Last-Time-Buy status. Need to decide how many more 41CL boards there might be."

So, how many new boards should be made if any ? Who wants one...? :-)

The only reason that I noticed the EOL status was that I went to the distributor website looking at pricing for larger Flash devices for a possible V5 revision. They are also EOL. Revising the board for the next larger size is a trivial exercise, and I am in the "should I do it" phase. This would double the size of the Flash to 1024 pages, from the current 512, guaranteeing that we would never run out of space again. It turns out that the 18MHz crystal I use is already obsolete, but I think that there is a replacement available. I still need to check the other distributor for any other obsolete parts (the BOM is split between two distis.) This, plus the amount of interest I see, will determine if/when I do another run.

At the same time, I am also considering finally doing an assembly run for the clone of the Time module. I just need to verify the design on the breadboard before I pull the trigger. I'm hoping that there is still interest in that project also.

Monte

I’m interested in 1, maybe 2 CL boards along 1 or 2 Time Modules as well (board-mounted or mountable, if possible).
1024 V5 would be awesome! I’m definitely in!!!

Engineer & Senior IT Executive
2x HP41CL, HP41CX, HP48GX, HP50g, 2x82162A Printer, 2x82143A Printer, 2x HP-IL, 2x Card-Readers, PIL-BOX.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 41CL chips going EOL - how many 41CL boards are desired in the future ? - Neve - 09-18-2017 03:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)