Anybody know where to find @BASE for Lotus?
08-18-2019, 07:19 PM
RE: Anybody know where to find @BASE for Lotus?
(08-18-2019 06:09 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Does anybody have any recommendations for Windows-based scanning software that's particularly well suited for doing manuals?

HI Dave,

I'm a little bit confused with your question. Most manuals are just scanned and then a PDF created from the scan. Most scanners come with software that will scan directly to a pdf. Since a manual may be big, I usually just scan sections (i.e., maybe chapters) to PDF's and then use the professional Adobe program to assemble the finished pdf.

As to actually doing the scan of the manual, that can be quite easy or more difficult depending on whether it's loose leaf or bound. If it's softback, I just take it to Staples, have them slice off the binding. Then I can scan the loose pages. If want to preserve the manual, I just take it back to Staples and have them punch and bind it with a spiral binding.

If the manual is a hard back, then it can be more difficult to scan. It's hard to get it flat enough to not get distortion in the text close to the binding. There are some Laser Book Scanners that are supposed to be able to scan a curved page in a bound book. I've never tried one but would be interested to know how well the lower price ones work.

Not sure if I answered your question.

Bill
WD9EQD
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody know where to find @BASE for Lotus? - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 08-18-2019 07:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)