Is SciPy killing the Wolfram star?
07-07-2017, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2017 06:19 PM by Luigi Vampa.)
RE: Is SciPy killing the Wolfram star?
Ray, thanks for your enlightening answer.

If you search for MatLab/Octave's interest, it seems they are slowly fading too.

The Raspberry Pi "educational" license is a great way to test whether Mathematica is for you. In my case, I have used it for some months to learn Mathematica, and check how well this tool could help us to solve some model simulations at work. Although Mathematica in the Raspberry is painstakingly slow, it helps you to get introduced to this tool. I am very sure it is the top tool for educational purposes and CAS, so I recently approached my (chinese) boss to get some budget for a license, and... I was asked to search for a FOSS solution with a lower €ntry barrier. It now seems to me an Anaconda Business Subscription might better fit our budget.

BTW, the interest in Mathematica shows the seasonal spikes of the educational demand, but SciPy's growth looks more steady, less trenched in the educational market?

[OFF TOPIC] 73&DX (when I was young, I was addicted to 20 m EA-Pacific long path "very very very" early in the morning ;O)

Saludos Saluti Cordialement Cumprimentos MfG BR + + + + +
Luigi Vampa +
Free42 '<3' I + +
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is SciPy killing the Wolfram star? - Luigi Vampa - 07-07-2017 08:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)