Running Simulators from teenix.org on virtual machine?
07-09-2017, 05:22 PM
RE: Running Simulators from teenix.org on virtual machine?
(07-09-2017 04:23 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  I use the Windows version of VirtualBox for all sorts of strange stuff, so I'd imagine the Mac version is pretty good. It doesn't have some of the more exotic UI integration features you find in Parallels or VMware, but it is free. And the guest integration utilities work all the way back to Windows NT 4, which is nice.

I agree with Dave. I have been running VBox in Windows & Linux for several years to run, like Dave said, many strange stuff. I've run CP/M 86, various MS-Dos versions, WIN98. XP, WIN 7, all sorts of Linuxes, Xenix, AT&T System V Unix, Mark Williams Xenix, OS/2, and many others. Great way to play with other OS'es.

The biggest problem with some of the older OSes is that they don't recognize a shared drive from the host system. I have found that the simplest way is to have one Virtual machine that will use a share drive, in my case, I use my XP virtual machine. Then I just attached the Virtual Hard Drive from the other Virtual Machine to the XP and copy over what I need. Then reboot and I now have the files on the virtual machine that normally won't see a shared folder. This works fine for any old OS that will read a standard Fat partition.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Running Simulators from teenix.org on virtual machine? - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 07-09-2017 05:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)