Running Simulators from teenix.org on virtual machine?
07-11-2017, 02:56 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2017 03:03 AM by Thomas Okken.)
RE: Running Simulators from teenix.org on virtual machine?
(07-11-2017 02:44 AM)Chris Dreher Wrote:  With all this talk about VirtualBox, have they fixed their severe stability issues?

When I tried out VirtualBox (admittedly 6 years ago), VirtualBox itself crashed at least once an hour (VirtualBox crashed, not the OS running inside it). Since this was the equivalent of yanking the power cord on a running live OS, I feared that the virtual hard drive images would get corrupted over time.

This is why I went with VMWare since VMWare Player is also free. I haven't tried out VirtualBox since then since they lost a lot of my trust.

I wouldn't recommend something that crashed once an hour, or at least not without *mentioning* that it crashed once an hour. :-)

I don't remember exactly when I started using VirtualBox, but I'm pretty sure it was less than six years ago. More like three or four, I think, while it was still at version 4.3.something.

The only problem I remember having was trouble figuring out how to get shared folders to work with Linux guests. I've used it with Windows and MacOS hosts, and Windows and Linux guests, and haven't had any stability issues, ever.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Running Simulators from teenix.org on virtual machine? - Thomas Okken - 07-11-2017 02:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)