Fun with Numbers: The Pan-Prime-Digit Cube Hypothesis
08-17-2017, 03:11 PM
RE: Fun with Numbers: The Pan-Prime-Digit Cube Hypothesis
(08-17-2017 12:50 PM)Werner Wrote:  I verified the numbers < 1e49 already. My current program is valid for x^3 < 1e51
Still running on Free42 on my laptop ;-)

That's a good example of the power of Free42 in the hands of a skilled craftsman. I doubt the original team that worked on the 42 would have ever guessed that a simulator based on their product design would eventually be used for this kind of number crunching.

Just for giggles I added a feature to my Windows app today that sets the current base to a decimal number containing anywhere from 16 to 116 pseudo-random digits, then checks sequentially from there for 30 seconds before moving on to the next random base. I can run several instances of the app simultaneously, so when my laptop isn't busy doing something else I'll launch several instances and leave one set to a standard search while the others use the "lottery approach". I suspect my chances are better playing the lottery than they are at finding a new PD cube, but it's fun to watch it try.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fun with Numbers: The Pan-Prime-Digit Cube Hypothesis - DavidM - 08-17-2017 03:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)