The continuing saga of Windows 3.1 in enhanced mode on OmniBook 300
08-08-2017, 02:58 AM
RE: The continuing saga of Windows 3.1 in enhanced mode on OmniBook 300
(08-06-2017 12:03 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  I'm sure the answer is "horribly", but has anybody seen how Win 95 runs on a 386 OmniBook with 8 MB RAM? Wink

Hi Dave,

I just did an experiment. Pulled the CF Card from my OB600 (Which runs Win95) and put it into an OB-430 with 8 mb ram. It booted up (slowllllllllllly) into Win 95 and complained about the Display drive being configured improperly. I ran a small program (File Commander) and it ran fine. When I pressed the off key, it turned off but then would not turn back on until I pressed the reset button. So the power management is not working correctly - which doesn't surprise me since it was running the OB-600 power management.

I might try copying the power management files from the OB-430 windows version and see if the works in Win95.

I really don't think you could do any productive work with it but is interesting to see that it would boot Win95.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The continuing saga of Windows 3.1 in enhanced mode on OmniBook 300 - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 08-08-2017 02:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)