newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
09-19-2017, 01:54 PM
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15]
(09-18-2017 10:29 PM)Helix Wrote:  You have to tell us how to build a font pack to be used with FNTSTO…

Same way you've always done it: a bitmap with all the letters, with an extra line of pixels that alternates to define the width of the characters, and a text file with the Code Point of each symbol in the image.
I just need to modify the conversion program a little bit so instead of producing C code as output it produces "nrpl" binary files suitable for SDRCL, that's no big deal.

(09-18-2017 10:29 PM)Helix Wrote:  I've realized that in Font8A and Font7A, the slash inside the zero is useless, as the zero can't be confused with the letter O, whereas it looks like an 8. My main concern about fonts is legibility.

Now, here are some quirks:

- If the font for the command line is smaller than 8, the directory path and the autocompletion area appear a bit too high. This is not a problem with a 7-pixel font, only with a 6-pixel font.
I think you mean when the status area font is larger than 6 pixels. I can see the glitch, autocompletion is not respecting the font height. Will fix that.

(09-18-2017 10:29 PM)Helix Wrote:  - if only the first menu is displayed, and the calculator is turned off while a program is edited, at restart the display is messed up, and the calculator can freeze if the dual menu is not quickly restored.
I can only reproduce this partially. Only when editing an object that takes more than the 9 lines available I can see the menu disappear and the stack taking more than it should. However, I can't make it freeze or crash. The menu vanishes when I move up or down with the cursor, seems to be the stack taking more than its share of screen. I'll fix it.

(09-18-2017 10:29 PM)Helix Wrote:  - when a narrow or a small font is chosen for the command line, the entire width of the screen is not used by the editor, so there is some waste of space. For example, Font8A was designed to show more text in the editor, but currently this changes nothing.
The compiler decompiles objects regardless of the font used to display them. There's a default preferred width in characters, which I'm planning to expose as a user setting, but it's not done yet. If your characters are displayed as narrow, then it may waste some screen space. As soon as I provide that setting you'll be able to make it work to your liking.

(09-18-2017 10:29 PM)Helix Wrote:  - With a 7-pixel font for the command line, and only one menu displayed, the editor shows 9 lines, so no more than the HP 50g with a 8-pixel font and no header. At the top of the screen, there is room for a tenth line.
There's a minimum of 2 pixels space required for the stack and separator line. If the few pixels left don't amount to 7 then an extra line is not drawn. In

(09-18-2017 10:29 PM)Helix Wrote:  Also on the HP50g, there are the reserved variable STARTED and EXITED, which are automatically evaluated when entering and exiting the editor. As explained in the AUR, this can be used "to set a header size of 0 when entering the command line and restore it to 2 when exiting (in order to increase the editor window size)."
I wonder if a similar feature could be implemented to allow switching automatically between two and one menu when an object is edited.

It certainly could.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15] - Claudio L. - 09-19-2017 01:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)