newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
09-22-2017, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2017 02:19 PM by pier4r.)
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15]
(09-22-2017 01:59 PM)Luigi Vampa Wrote:  Dear Neve,
I may agree with you about the yet-a-work-in-progress feel of newRPL, and that is the why I still use my stock HP50g at work. Nevertheless, I hope you don't mind, if tell you, I would never describe such big work as "sucking". If you were newRPL's author, I am quite sure you could feel some discomfort while reading that word.
I am non-native in English-speaking, and sometimes is easy to fail when pondering English words full meaning. I suppose this might be the case.

I do agree with the above text.

I mean, saying "hmm ok, for the moment I need something else but kudos for the effort!" is a diplomatic way to say "ok I cannot use it now". But using certain works like "does not feel right" or "too bad" and such, well, may be perceived (by me at least) as quite ungrateful.

It is like you work on something for years, then someone comes and say "woah, you worked that much the result is that pile of carp (or shirt, if you prefer shirts)? You sure are smart!"

Although you also write "As much as I do admire your work, time, effort and dedication" so likely the "harsh" remarks can be a case of not proper translation. (it happens to me often)

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15] - pier4r - 09-22-2017 02:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)