newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
10-25-2017, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2017 06:46 PM by Claudio L..)
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
(10-25-2017 01:34 PM)Gilles59 Wrote:  Hi Claudio, did you think about the possibilty to introduce EXIT and BREAK instructions in NewRPL?

Still thinking about it. The problem with doing that is the cleanup of local environments when you have premature exit. If I can resolve that in a clean way I'll of course include those two.

(10-25-2017 04:10 PM)The Shadow Wrote:  The one benefit of lists being evaluated as programs was that such programs were easy to alter on the fly. However, it certainly isn't hard to use strings to change programs to lists and vice versa, and I currently have a newRPL program that does just that. (Also one to change regular programs to immediate ones.)

Not having to constantly type << EVAL >> MAP, on the other hand, to say nothing of AXL << EVAL >> MAP AXL, may have saved me from carpal tunnel. Smile

If you need to run a list as a program, you can still do it, but now you need:
<< XEQ >> MAP
sounds familiar?
But don't get your hopes up, all the loop and control structures, cannot be executed by XEQ (will do nothing), as they need a proper run stream. However, stack based commands work fine, like IFT, IFTE, etc.
In any case, I don't think self-modifying code masqueraded as lists is a very good programming technique.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, all roms were updated with latest bugfixes. See the first post.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25] - Claudio L. - 10-25-2017 06:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)