[Off-topic] HP Prime is for students... What about professionals?
08-29-2017, 01:34 AM
RE: [Off-topic] HP Prime is for students... What about professionals?
(08-28-2017 10:28 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  That is something that was never possible on the 48. What we have limited is the ability to get in an browse/modify the main directory directly on the device because we do not have answers to the following questions yet.

Lets say you have access to generic data/directories in any location in the Prime. You make something called "myvar" and store it. Is that a variable? Is it a file? How should it be treated when the user types in "myvar"? Should it be cached to allow quick access? Should it be read from disk each time? What if the user modifies the binary data, or changes it to be something else?

I am sincerely happy how is organized the work with files / App with the AFiles and AFilesB variables. Although the calculator may have its own way of understanding the files, I think it is convenient to leave the files as files and not as variables, read from disk each time. As for AFilesB I would like it to have a file cloning option that avoids the list limit = 10000 when extracting bytes.

(08-28-2017 10:28 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  They want to have a menu system with variables accessed on the lower part of the screen. (nothing to do with directory/files, more a ui thing)

The calculator does not have F1-6 keys, I would not ask for that.

Many things are related to the lack of a low-level language for programs, although HP PPL is really fast; More related to the protection of the source code.

Personally although I know it is a difficult request, I would like to have a single contender for the creation of keyboard shortcuts. With the user keyboard for applications not tengo problems, it is perfect that each App can have its own keyboard and that it dominates over the general.

Also an improvement for the management of files through the Connectivity Kit, such as showing the folder where you stayed in the previous search, correcting closing errors by sending files, and also an own control of the Kit for large files as a message when the files exceed 5MB, for example: "This file is too large for the calculator, are you sure you can use it? Ok?"

[Image: 36485439490_d43c71a747_o.png]

Some Apps can take advantage of file generation, but the Connectivity Kit does not make it easy to extract them individually or file sharing between Apps by dragging.

Viga C | TD | FB
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Off-topic] HP Prime is for students... What about professionals? - Carlos295pz - 08-29-2017 01:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)