New guy and programming problem
08-27-2017, 11:12 PM
RE: New guy and programming problem
(08-27-2017 05:43 PM)Dieter Wrote:  I don't know one. But I admit I never understood why this rather special function has been implemented on the 34s and even got direct keyboard access. OK, there are a few occasions when the parallel function may be used for other mathematical applications, but IMvHO others would have made more sense. For instance functions that accurately evaluate √(1+x²) – 1, or in addition to ex–1 a general ax–1 function. Or 1–sin(x) and 1–cos(x). Or √(x²+y²).

I seem to remember there were a couple of vocal advocates for || being easily accessible. I didn't see the need for it but apparently it is a critical feature that makes any calculator without it useless. I saw no harm and Walter was the layout person.

Yes to your other suggestions for improving accuracy, I got in what I could -- limited flash space and running out of energy justifying everything.

Apart from 1 - sin(x) which doesn't have accuracy concerns that I can see and √(x²+y²) which is present already as complex ABS.

Pauli
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New guy and programming problem - Paul Dale - 08-27-2017 11:12 PM
RE: New guy and programming problem - sasa - 09-01-2018, 03:18 PM
RE: New guy and programming problem - sasa - 09-01-2018, 05:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)