Hp prime questions (plus little explorations).
09-17-2017, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2017 09:41 AM by pier4r.)
Hp prime questions (plus little explorations).
Disclaimer: I tried to search with google, but the word "prime" gets mangled with prime numbers that are often mentioned in this type of forums.

A thread similar to: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-7955 but for the prime in the prime section. Although here I will mostly ask questions.

First a huge thanks to jebem with his huge thread on prime documentation and resources, as well as thanks to all the contributors. I observed that even though several people exposed similar topics (for example introduction to programming) it is not true that "ah, it exist once, then it is not needed twice". Indeed the way to expose concepts varies always, therefore every explanation can be useful.

In particular I enjoyed so far the Han explanations, although the last update was in 2014.

Questions:
- Aside from built in commands (that are flexible but non that much like the 50g), does anyone know robust community libraries that provide list and/or string processing? I found in my quick searches only this: http://www.hpcalc.org/details/7785 (I cannot say if it is good or not given only one version) .
- Is there a sort of AUR (advanced user reference) ? I have only the prime user guide that although not bad, it is pretty dry about all the commands in the prime.

Thanks for the answers, surely more questions will come.

PS: I bought the prime App in May 2017 but never used it since then. Yesterday I tested with a quick add loop (a for) and on a nvidia shield k1 2014. It goes through 10 million additions in 7 seconds. Quite quick (newRPL on a computer did it in 2 seconds).
Since newRPL is a nice project but I still need some time to get used to it (especially because I need to open another computer to develop with it) I realized that the HP prime may be able to cover - for the moment - what userRPL cannot. At least with my style of programming.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Hp prime questions (plus little explorations). - pier4r - 09-17-2017 09:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)