Hp prime questions (plus little explorations).
01-01-2018, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2018 11:01 AM by pier4r.)
RE: Hp prime questions (plus little explorations).
(01-01-2018 06:19 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  People just dont buy things when they aren't in stores. Have tried it before "selling" plain windows applications. Never went too well.

The store gives you convenience.

On this I completely agree. A store, even virtual, is super comfortable especially if it has mostly all the applications. I wonder why the idea of a store was implemented late*, when linux had repositories since a while.

What baffles me is that the virtual calculator from the ftp site is exactly what I need (well, aside from the part that a better visual interface would be cool) and it does not even require a serial/purchase to have all the functionality.

So I assume that somehow it is safe to put the full product on an ftp site because the majority of the audience won't discover it, otherwise it would be a financial loss.

There is another alternative though: that I am missing something.

* late and bad! I remember the first was the app store from apple. Then the nokia store, then the google store, but the search and other important functions were dismal.

edit1:
Another question. I am running a rough simulator to test sample sizes against the size of a population. I did not do it on the 50g because the simulation is computationally intensive (and my algorithms are not that optimal) plus I need a lot of memory to save the results.

So I developed the program on the windows virtual prime, all fine. I let the program run on the android virtual prime (because fanless) in the night with the extended input.
Since I know that a list can store max 10000 objects. A matrix can store max 19999 elements, I decided to write the output as text in a note (that in a program is like a string in the end). Anyway the note reached 128Kb and the program stopped (after roughly 8 hours of execution) saying "insufficient memory". Actually the content has 68 thousands chars. So I assume it is saved with UTF 16.

Therefore my question is: how can I store a large text? Say 512kb?
Some clever way to use notes?
Should I split it in different list objects? (each of, say, 2-4kb, like pages) Actually I think that lists, as with the 50g, are the only way to abusing the memory. Since lists should be a collection of references to different objects.
Any other idea?

Because in my mind I assigned the prime exactly this role: computations where the operations needed are a lot or the result is larger than the memory offered by 50g + userRPL (with newRPL, if I am not mistaken, it would be possible to append directly on the SD card without storing in memory, therefore the storage limit would be increased a lot. An alternative with userRPL is to pack the result on the SD in different files). But then I did not expect to hit similar limits for storage, like ~100kb (the speed is amazing, even with poor algorithms).

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hp prime questions (plus little explorations). - pier4r - 01-01-2018 09:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)