Called the community, to continue with the XCAS project.
10-02-2017, 11:23 PM
RE: Called the community, to continue with the XCAS project.
(10-02-2017 07:35 PM)pier4r Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 03:09 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  Are you seriously calling this community to hijack the project from the hands of Bernard? Not a cool move, my friend. Not cool at all.

I am not sure those are his intentions (due to the language barrier the meaning may be lost) but what I find interesting is that the request is "offloaded" to someone else. Like "I'd like to have this, please someone, do it asap".

It is not bad in itself to request something, but is neither really motivating when done extensively.

Language barrier is not the issue here, since he presented his original text in spanish. I'd like to hear an explanation from him (and an apology to BP), but it's clear in the text he wrote that because his requests were not heard, he wants somebody to take the life-long project of one of the most respected members of this community and fork it.
He is literally saying that Bernard's time is done, he should retire from the project and other people should continue. In other words, calling for a mutiny, to hijack a project he's not even part of.
The only reason to ask for something like this is when a project was abandoned by his original author, but not when the author is still active.
If it was my project I'd be very upset to hear his call to arms, so I'm laying it here clearly: this is plain wrong.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Called the community, to continue with the XCAS project. - Claudio L. - 10-02-2017 11:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)