ILPer as MASSMEM for HP71b
10-16-2017, 11:09 PM
RE: ILPer as MASSMEM for HP71b
(10-16-2017 06:21 PM)dingebre Wrote:  Could anyone who has managed to setup the ILPer as a mass storage for the HP71 give me a quick walk through? I"m convinced it is simply a command formatting error, but I've hit a mental block and can't get through it.

Thanks.

Mass storage devices can be accessed using the device name :TAPE, or :MASSMEM, or :[device number]. So for the first storage device in IL-Per, this would be :TAPE(1), :MASSMEM(1) or (assuming the PIL-Box is the first device on your loop) :2 for the first (top) logical drive or :3 for the second (bottom) logical drive. (The first logical device in IL-Per is the virtual printer, so the first drive would be device #2 and the second drive :3, if addressing by device number).

So, to copy file MYFILE to the first logical drive:

(Do RESTORE IO before any loop operations to assign devices and ensure loop continuity)

COPY MYFILE TO MYFILE:TAPE(1)
or
COPY MYFILE TO MYFILE:MASSMEM(1)
or
COPY MYFILE TO MYFILE:2

Note you can also specify a different filename, such as:

COPY MYFILE TO NEWFILE:TAPE(1)

Also, if you want to keep the same filename, you can actually omit the filename:

COPY MYFILE TO :TAPE(1)

To copy to a different filename on the 2nd IL-Per drive:

COPY MYFILE TO NEWNAME:TAPE(2)

There are many variations, but try these examples as a starting place. If these don't work as expected, something isn't right.

Also, have you formatted the virtual drives prior to use? On the 71B, you would do:

INITIALIZE [VOL-LABEL]:TAPE(1), where VOL-LABEL is an optional volume label for that particular virtual disk.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
ILPer as MASSMEM for HP71b - dingebre - 10-16-2017, 06:21 PM
RE: ILPer as MASSMEM for HP71b - rprosperi - 10-16-2017 11:09 PM
RE: ILPer as MASSMEM for HP71b - dingebre - 10-16-2017, 11:33 PM
RE: ILPer as MASSMEM for HP71b - dingebre - 10-17-2017, 02:33 AM
RE: ILPer as MASSMEM for HP71b - hesc - 01-22-2024, 09:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)