How to handle "On" key - & - Safe file storage
10-25-2017, 06:39 PM
RE: How to handle "On" key - & - Safe file storage
After looking further into HVars it appears that it may be a better way to store user variables than in AFiles (or AVars for that matter).

AFiles still seems like the best (only?) way to import/export data to/from an app, it's just user-beware that should you update at some point to a new version, those files are bye-bye. I suppose some utilities could be developed to backup and restore around such a procedure. I'm thinking of all these things from the perspective of a third-party app developer, being able to provide a reliable experience to an end user of an app which could get regular updates. The update procedure of any application (calculator, PC, mobile device) should not destroy user data and I'm simply trying to find the most reliable method of ensuring that I can meet that expectation. The HP Prime does things a lot differently in relation to user (or program) created variables than what I might consider intuitive, especially when involving the Connectivity Kit.

Other options:
- Maybe the Connectivity Kit could be improved to allow the user to simply overwrite the *.hpappprgrm and not the rest of the data associated with an app.
- If the above were done ,possibly AVars could be used instead of HVars.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to handle "On" key - & - Safe file storage - Jacob Wall - 10-25-2017 06:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)