41CL - PowerCL Extreme - Problems (probably operator related)
12-17-2017, 06:14 AM
41CL - PowerCL Extreme - Problems (probably operator related)
Hi, so I've been tremendously enjoying my brand new 41CL V5 from Monte, and spending hours reading through the countless modules Angel has created in the last few years. It seems every month there is a new CL Power Expanded Extra Super Utility plus coming out. Simply amazing!

However I'm stuck trying to understand how the PowerCl Extreme works.

First, let me share how I set up the 41Cl:
Code:

Memory Lost
TURBO50................want this to go fast
MMUDIS..................disable MMU
MMUCLR..................clear the MMU
"YFNX"....................“41CL Extreme Functions” ID into alpha
PLUGH....................plug it to the logical page 7 (HP-IL reserved location)
“804040-8120”........“Lib#4” physical location 
YPOKE....................plug Lib#4 into page 4 (PowerCL Ext needs it)
“PWRX”...................“PowerCL” ID into alpha
PLUG1L...................plug it page 8
MMUEN...................enable MMU

After this I can do a XCAT - "G" to see that everything is properly plugged in. I get the following info:
Quote:4: Lib#4 R44
5: Time 3A
6: no rom
7: YFNX 2C
8: PWREXT B3
rest 'no rom'

So far, so good.

Now, when I try to an XEQ "PGCAT" I get the message NONEXISTENT!

This seems strange to me, but maybe this is how it is supposed to be, namely that I can not enter the function PGCAT directly, but only via the launcher.
  • Question 1: Is this behavior expected?

The functions that I really care about are for banks, namely BANKED and BANKS?. Again, I can't launch those functions directly via XEQ. But I can get to them via the launchers: XEQ "XCAT" "G" [SHIFT] "B" executes the function BANKED. Now here is the next surprise: The display shows as answer 5! Only 5!

Even though the PowerCL_EXT is in page 8 and seems clearly bankswitched, it is not listed.
  • Question 2: Is this behavior expected? What am I doing wrong?

The underlying task I am trying to accomplish is to copy bankswitched physical modules to the PC for further analysis. For that, I have to find out which modules are actually bankswitched and with how many banks.

Unfortunately the function that I need for that, CPYBNK does not reside in the PowerCL_EXT, but has to be taken from the "CL ExpMem", which requires the "AOS/OSX" as well. And then I need the HEAPX and at least one page of RAM also, making the calc pretty full. If only Angel could squeeze the CPYBNK function into the PowerCL_EXT...

It would be really helpful if I could assign the functions BANKED and "BANKS? to a key, but when I try this, I get the NONEXISTENT message again.
  • Question 3: Is there a way to assign these functions to a key?

Anyways, it would be great to hear from the experts on what I am doing wrong and how to fix it.

As always, thank you so much!

Cheers,

PeterP
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
41CL - PowerCL Extreme - Problems (probably operator related) - PeterP - 12-17-2017 06:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)