hpmuseum is very expensive !!
01-05-2018, 03:29 PM
RE: hpmuseum is very expensive !!
(12-31-2017 03:17 PM)pier4r Wrote:  
(12-31-2017 03:02 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  I agree. HP Museum is partially responsible for my calculator collection growing to nearly 130 over two decades.

Let's be honest. It is not the museum community, it is us.

Would it be just a museum with static pages, with no discussion forum, it would be great but wouldn't be as great as it is now.
The point is that a place like this is the inverse of a group therapy.

Instead of bringing one away from his strong passion (to not call it addiction), the passion is fostered. How many people understand collectors or users that wish to use different products that delivers similar results? Not many I would say, especially on something that gets quickly obsolete.

A stamp collector may have unique stamps that do not get obsolete. Same with whom collects money notes. Those things are not easily superseded by new things.

A calculator collector may have unique calculators but he likely gets answers of the type "lol, my iphone is way faster that this piece of scrap".

Therefore a community like this (that I really like) is a safe heaven and, by the social support that it generates in our eyes, fosters the wish of having more.

What I really like from this community are those technical threads with a lot of interesting pointers and contents. The fact that there is a lot of math related content that nonetheless is not only symbolic (due to calculators) is really nice.

For what it's worth, my calculator "passion" has been dormant for many years.
Somehow, in the last month or so, it has been re-kindled - mainly due to this site and the forum.

Thank you all for the knowledge, collegiality and fun!

......Art
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
hpmuseum is very expensive !! - atilla457 - 12-27-2017, 03:49 PM
RE: hpmuseum is very expensive !! - pier4r - 12-27-2017, 04:13 PM
RE: hpmuseum is very expensive !! - wawa - 12-27-2017, 08:35 PM
RE: hpmuseum is very expensive !! - pier4r - 12-31-2017, 03:17 PM
RE: hpmuseum is very expensive !! - larthurl - 01-05-2018 03:29 PM
RE: hpmuseum is very expensive !! - klesl - 12-31-2017, 03:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)