HP41-CL - Module behaves differently than on 41CX
12-30-2017, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2017 09:22 AM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: HP41-CL - Module behaves differently than on 41CX
(12-30-2017 05:25 AM)PeterP Wrote:  It is the real module that I am testing, not images. So, the real, physical module plugged into a real, physical 41 CX works (from port 1, 2, and 3). However, when I plug the real, physical module into a real, physical 41 CL, it does not work, independent of the page that YFNX or YFNZ is plugged in (7, 8, none).

Wow, that's a puzzling scenario if it's as you describe it. By "it does not work" do you also include CAT-2 doesn't see its FAT? How about PGCAT, and ROMLST - do they catch it?

I believe the COGO has 4 pages, which may be arranged as two banks on each one of the two pages it occupies, (because it takes a complete port, right?).

Edited: nope, I just re-read the previous posts and it's simpler than that: four pages but not bank-switched as per your description of XROM numbers. So this puppy takes up two full ports, likely to be the one it's plugged in and the adjacent one. So far nothing out of ordinary and shouldn't be a problem for the CL...

If that's correct, I'd suggest you extract them 4 using CPYBNK in the XPMM (as you have already done for other modules) and upload the 4 ROM images to the PC.

This would be the best way to tell what's going on in there... I have to say you're coming up with *very* unusual challenges ;-)

Edited: Specifically we must look in the polling points for those pages. It may be a problem of the CL not allowing some EPROM configuration to occur, which is triggered by the CALC_ON event. Why do I suspect this? Because it is exactly what happens with the ZEPROMs - as confirmed by my own ZEPROM-based 41Z : the CALC_ON event is *not* performed (and the complex stack is not created).

ÁM
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP41-CL - Module behaves differently than on 41CX - Ángel Martin - 12-30-2017 09:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)