Hand-Drawn Barcodes for the HP41
01-29-2018, 12:42 PM
RE: Hand-Drawn Barcodes for the HP41
(01-29-2018 09:35 AM)damaltor Wrote:  Hi everybody,

i finally got a barcode wand now. The previous owner sent to me the wand itself, the manual and the paper keyboard, the stickers are obviously missing after the years. Thats fine by me, because it is fairly easy to make your own.

What caught my attention: Together with the paper keyboard he sent me a small sheet of barcodes for the X-Function Module, which are obviously hand-drawn. I am fairly sure that this is an original document becuase you can see faint pencil streaks above and below the codes which seem to be erased after drawing, and under a microscope you can somewhat see the overlapping parts of the "thick" lines which were drawn with the same pen as the thin lines, they are simply 4 lines next to each other with a slight overlap to make it one thick line.

has someone seen something similar before? Was Hand-drawing barcodes a thing back then?

[Image: pc.jpg]

Wow! Someone must have had a lot of time on their hands! Do they scan in OK?
Back then, we didn't have laser or inkjet printers and most 8- or 9-pin dot matrix printers couldn't reproduce the bar codes accurately enough to scan in without error. 24-pin dot matrix printers could but it took a while.

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hand-Drawn Barcodes for the HP41 - toml_12953 - 01-29-2018 12:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)