Hand-Drawn Barcodes for the HP41
01-29-2018, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2018 05:52 PM by 4ster.)
RE: Hand-Drawn Barcodes for the HP41
I have a couple of programs by Edward M. Keefe that I purchased from the user's library "back then". They aid in creating barcode with a technical pen and a custom guide built from two rulers which he documented in the program listing form. I never did it, but the procedure looked workable with reasonable drafting skills. He stated in the documentation that a line of code takes about 15 minutes to create. It is worth noting that while he demonstrated some good looking hand drawn code, the barcode to scan the 130 and 220 line programs were NOT hand drawn!

"Back then" I made my own bar code with the 82162A printer and the plotter module if I felt documenting a program with bar code was worth cutting down a tree to make the miles of 8 inch strips required. And I recently added to my collection a 7470 plotter which makes beautiful code with refillable plotter pens. (I am simple minded and enjoy watching a pen plotter draw.)

Steve
In order of appearance: HP 41CV, CMT-MCGPS, HP 41CX, DM 41, DM 42
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hand-Drawn Barcodes for the HP41 - 4ster - 01-29-2018 02:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)