Hand-Drawn Barcodes for the HP41
01-29-2018, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2018 05:16 PM by 4ster.)
RE: Hand-Drawn Barcodes for the HP41
(01-29-2018 04:19 PM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  Is it possible that someone who didn't have access to a copying machine placed this paper on top of a printed barcode program and traced over it with a pencil to make their own copy?
It seems unlikely someone could produce a working barcode freehand without using a working one as a tracing template.

I think with Keefe's method you could create the bar code in the original post from scratch.

As I understand the procedure Keefe outlined, first one created an ink template of uniform narrow bars and spaces with his custom ruler. Below the template the artist marks with pencil the narrow bars with an "I". The location of a wide bar was marked with an "X", with the top of the X linking two narrow bars. His program helped determine the location of the "I"s and "X"s in the line of bar code. The artist now fills in the spaces above the X's to make wide bars. The pencil marks can be erased to make the code look neater when photocopying.

From the original post it sounds like a similar procedure was used.

Steve
In order of appearance: HP 41CV, CMT-MCGPS, HP 41CX, DM 41, DM 42
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hand-Drawn Barcodes for the HP41 - 4ster - 01-29-2018 05:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)