What is the difference between HP Prime and HP Prime Pro for iOS.
02-05-2018, 02:11 PM
RE: What is the difference between HP Prime and HP Prime Pro for iOS.
To get the discussion back to topic, here is my description how it actually works with that app version on Android, and it is nothing special, but there might be some pitfalls.

I am using Connectivity Kit 13333 on Windows 10, newest available HP Prime Pro App (1.3.2, firmware 11586) from the Play Store on a Pixel with Android 8.1.0.

The built in Windows firewall remains active, but ensure to disable all virtual network interfaces (like VMware, VirtualBox host only network) which tend to cause issues with TCP/UDP broadcasts.

Start the HP Connectivity Kit, ensure "IP Networking" / "Enable Network" is checked. Set network name to something you like, I set it to the SSID of my Wifi for easy identification.

Then power up the HP Prime Pro app, select "Connect to ..." in the app menu, or click on the calculator's top right display corner, and then the WIFI icon. Then wait a bit, until "Status" on the HP Prime app goes from "Looking for network..." via "Connecting ..." to "Connected". The drop down box on top then changes to the network name you chose and the calculator shows up in the Connectivity Kit. Only takes a few seconds during reconnecting, may take longer on first connection.

If that does not work, try disabling any firewalls on both ends.

Hopefully we will see the new version 13333 uploaded to the Play Store soon, eager to try the new features like 3D graphing! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the difference between HP Prime and HP Prime Pro for iOS. - goetz - 02-05-2018 02:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)