Goose Chase - $20 by paypal to the first one who finds and posts here...
02-15-2018, 09:53 AM
RE: Goose Chase - $20 by paypal to the first one who finds and posts here...
Punctuation rules vary from one culture to another. I'm 50 years old so I don't consider myself to be among the youngest here, and I was always taught that one space after a full stop (that's what we call a "period" in the UK, "period" usually refers to something that only half the population has to deal with...) was the "rule".

This said, the only place where I received any actual formal training in typing was in France, where one space after the full stop is also the norm. But over there, you also put a space before a colon, semicolon, a question mark or an exclamation mark. As I said, the rules depend on where you are.

I am also the editor of a printed magazine and an electronic newsletter for the GB&I branch of a social/charity organization that exists in about 25 countries worldwide (this is me) and I sometimes have to spend an inordinate amount of time normalizing the punctuation in content that I am sent because I receive stuff with all kinds of standards applied.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Again? Or still? - striegel - 02-14-2018, 08:50 PM
One space between sentences - striegel - 02-14-2018, 09:55 PM
RE: Goose Chase - $20 by paypal to the first one who finds and posts here... - grsbanks - 02-15-2018 09:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)